We offer a wide variety of identification services, ranging fingerprinting, to comprehensive record suspension services.
We are the only identification services provider accredited with the RCMP, meaning faster turnaround times and unmatched expertise.
From digital fingerprinting to traditional ink-and-roll, Commissionaires can handle your fingerprinting needs quickly and professionally. Commissionaires is the only fingerprinting company that holds its own accreditation from the RCMP, and the first to adopt the RCMP LiveScan digital fingerprint technology.
Thanks to LiveScan, your information will go directly from our offices to the RCMP, meaning no re-routing, no third parties, and no wasted time. This reduces the RCMP process time to as little as 72 hours and your information remains private from start to finish.
CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK
Commissionaires Hamilton performs criminal record checks (also referred to as police checks, police certificates, CPICs, criminal background checks and police clearances) for a wide variety of needs.
Criminal record checks can be obtained using either your full name and date of birth, or via our fingerprinting services. In order to obtain a certified record check, fingerprint submission is required. When a name and date of birth check matches another individual, fingerprints will be required to verify your identity.
Two options are available to get a criminal record check (NOTE – this is not for vulnerable sector checks)
Option 1: Online Electronic Criminal Record Checks
- Click on the link above to start your criminal record check. You will be asked to submit the information required and pay via credit card or PayPal. To verify your identity, Electronic ID Verification (eIV) will ask you specific questions about your credit history. Click here to read more about eIV.
- If you have no criminal record, it generally takes 1 hour to process your criminal record check. Once processed, you will receive your results by email.
Processing time for online for electronic criminal record checks:
Criminal record checks using name and date of birth are processed within our business hours Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
This process is intended for persons living and working in Canada.
Option 2: Visit our office
What identification you need to bring with you:
Applicants should bring two pieces of valid government issued identification. One must be a photo ID. (Please check with your local Commissionaires office for additional types of identification that may be accepted.) The following types of identification are accepted.
- Driver’s License
- Birth Certificate
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Immigration documents i.e. work or study permits
- Military Family ID card (MFID)
- Record of Landing for Citizenship Applicant
- Certificate of Live Birth
- Nexus card
- *SIN cards will not be accepted as ID
It is recommended that applicants bring with them a letter or file number from the requesting source, if applicable
All identification must be current and not expired.
Our experienced staff will be happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have.
Processing time for in person office visit for a criminal record check:
Criminal record checks using name and date of birth are submitted through a direct connection to our police partner and are processed in 1-2 business days.
Commissionaires can provide Record Suspension (Pardons) services for Canadians who have a criminal record. During the first appointment, your fingerprints will be taken. Getting a records suspension can be advantageous for many reasons, including improving your prospects for employment and rental housing, increasing your freedom to travel outside Canada, improving your ability to be bonded, and reducing potential negative impact on child custody and visitation rights.
All of our clients receive the same helpful and professional service, regardless of the background or circumstances surrounding their record suspension. If the requisite amount of time has passed since the completion of your sentence and all fines have been paid, you can proceed with applying for a record suspension with Commissionaires.
To speed up the fingerprinting process, ensure you have all required documents with you.
Our professional team of former RCMP and military personnel will provide you with all necessary research and communication with the judicial system to help prepare and complete your application package. These services include:
- Digital fingerprinting required to obtain your criminal record
- Obtaining local police records, court documents, relevant citizenship documents, and military conduct sheets (if applicable)
- Completing your application forms
- Keeping you informed of your status through all stages of the process
Commissionaires can assist you with our easy, confidential and affordable USA entry waiver services. Our friendly and knowledgeable service agent can help you obtain your entry waiver in a completely confidential environment, with full respect to your privacy and individual rights. Using advanced digital technology for a reliable capture of fingerprints, we are able to process your application quickly and affordably, with no hidden fees.
Commissionaires can assist you with our easy, confidential and affordable USA entry waiver service:
- Friendly, professional, and knowledgeable service agents to help you
- Conducted in a confidential setting – individual rights and privacy are assured
- Low-cost alternative to other providers. No hidden fees
- Using advanced digital technology for reliable capture of fingerprints to process your application quicker